This week, I’ll share with you my gogo’s amazing carrot cake recipe. Be prepared for glory!
- 2.5 cups flour
- 1.25 cups sugar
- 1.25 cups oil
- 3 cups finely grated carrots
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate
- 2 tsp baking powder
- .5 cup chopped pecans
- .75 tsp salt
- 125g butter
- 125g cream cheese
- 500g (or 1 packet) icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Beat eggs & sugar together until well blended.
- Add oil, then beat again until blended.
- Sift dry ingredients (except nuts) and add to the mixture.
- Fold in carrots and nuts.
- Grease and flour two 9 in. square or round baking pans. Divide mixture evenly.
- Cook for 40 minutes.
- While the cakes are in the oven, cream the butter and icing together until stiff.
- Stir in cream cheese and vanilla. Do not stir too vigorously or it will become runny.
- Coat the top of both cakes with icing. Then stack them.
- Eat & enjoy!
I hope you all enjoyed this installment of Cooking with Gogos. In other news, a big thank you to Amber and to my Aunt Karen & Uncle Tom for their amazing care packages! Also, my host brother adopted an adorable puppy named Ranger who loves biting things, long walks on the beachless sand, and belly rubs.